Planting and watering seeds for His Harvest

February 28, 2012

Guest Post from One Lovely Crafternoon: Crunchy Granola

Today's guest blog post is from my wonderful (and very creative) friend, Michelle, over at One Lovely Crafternoon. She provides us with her yummy recipe for Crunchy Granola! Enjoy!




Ingredients
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Handful of almond slices
Handful of pumpkin seeds

Directions
Line a pan with parchment paper [so you don't have to chisel out the baked on granola later]. Bake granola at 350 degrees for um... well.... no idea, as I rarely remember to set a timer! I'm thinking it takes about 20 minutes. Just until it is kind of golden. As it cools, I like to stir it around in the pan a few times to break it up. Otherwise it will turn into a big granola brick, which can be a little tricky to eat.


Michelle's granola recipe is similar to a granola recipe I use (I will it post another day). Baking time for my recipe calls for 40 minutes in a 300 degree oven (but my recipe calls for 4 cups oats).

No comments:

Post a Comment